A few months ago, we couldn’t articulate the value of Twitter. But we read extensively (and posted about what our friend and Lotus Rock Star Rob Novak is doing) and decided to check it out. Since establishing an account in early June, tweeting a few times per day, following 20 folks and being tracked by about 30 (spammers deleted!) followers, we’re seeing the value.
So, one hundred tweets later, we thought we’d share what we’ve learned. (Note: For our 100th tweet, we’re pointing our 140-character post to this blog entry about our 100th tweet. Hope we don’t get caught in an infinite loop somewhere!)
By the way, we’re not the only ones just catching on to Twitter. Though it has been around since 2006, Twitter’s recent growth has been phenomenal. In June 2009, Sysomos reported that 72.5% of Twitter users had joined the service in the past five months. That’s a pretty big wave.
Here’s a few of the ways we’re using Twitter:
- We’re joining the discussion on Twitter by following about 25 blogs and commenting, re-tweeting and linking to posts that will help our clients in their traditional and digital marketing efforts.
- We’re highlighting our tweets on the home page of our newly launched site, Group 3 Solutions. This is an efficient way to update our home page on a daily basis.
- Each time we update our blog, a tweet goes out to notify our followers.
- Our tweets are used to update our status on our Facebook page.
- We’re using tools like the ones listed in this Wall Street Journal article to help enhance our Twitter experience.
- We’re using the URL shortener bit.ly to include links in our posts and to track how often the links are followed.
Hey, why not follow us on Twitter?